You know the drill: 3 pages – 1 page cover, 1 page SRD/editorial, 1 page content, let’s take a look!
I’m a sucker for firearms and thus have been looking forward to do this one and indeed, master of crunch Owen K.C. Stephens does not disappoint with the first enchantment:
- Boomstick weapons enable you to shoot foes with blasts of sound in the first increment – this sound-attack does not deal damage, but instead can deafen foes for a limited time.
- Burrowing: Ammunition shot by such a weapon deals d4 damage for 3 subsequent rounds to hit targets.
- Dependable: -2 to misfire rate and item slowly repairs itself: Nice and a godsend for gunslingers with bad luck.
- Dimensional Capacity: A mini-bag of holding for ammunition, enabling you to use different types of ammo on the fly against your foes -provided you’ve loaded it, of course.
- Entangling: Essentially the same as with boomsticks, only for entangling.
- Hot Lead: These weapons don’t need ammunition or to be reloaded and deal fire damage, but come with a maximum of possible shots per round.
- Ricochet: The first attack each round, if it hits, always ricochets and can potentially hit a second opponent.
Editing and formatting are top-notch, I didn’t notice any glitches. Layout adheres to SGG’S 3-column standard and the pdf has no bookmarks, but needs none at this length. 7 properties and 2 of them had me gibber with glee: I love how firearms essentially can duplicate tanglefoot bags and thunderstones and used the ideas to create more, similar enchantments and weapons for my riot-team/SWAT-style elite-cadre of guards in one of the cities. Good crunch is one thing – inspiring by crunch-writing to do specific things and design yourself, now that’s a sign of excellence. Seeing that none of the enchantments is glitchy in my opinion as well, I am practically forced to give this one 5 stars- go get this and while you’re at it, check out “Brace of Psitols”!
With a Bullet Point: 7 Magic Firearm Properties is available from: