With a Bullet Point: 8 Death Knight Feats
By Thilo Graf
This pdf from Super Genius Games is 4 pages long, 1 page front cover, 1 page SRD, 2 pages of content for 8 feats for the Death Knight-class, so let’s take a look!
The feats are:
- Beyond the Pale Gate: 1/day declare a creature you’ve killed as being killed by death magic, making bringing back the being harder.
- Death Dealer: Coup-de-grâce as a standard action and don’t provoke AoOs. Also add half your level to the DC foes get to survive your coup-de-grâce.
- Death Lord: Effective character level +2 when casting death-descriptor spells. When you’re also evil, grant undead you create via spells or spell-like ability +2 to Str or Cha. When being of good alignment, undead suffer a -1 penalty to saves against your spells. This feat is VERY weird, since the base death knight-class (of which you need 4 levels to take the feat) is restricted to not allow good characters. This feat (or the base-class) needs revision.
- Death Resistance: 1/day reroll a save versus death effects, spells, energy drain, level drain or negative energy. The reroll gets a +4 bonus.
- Deathly Wounds: 3+Int/Wis or Cha-mod times per day declare wounds you inflict as “deadly”. These wounds heal at half the natural speed and require a caster level check of 11+your level to heal via magic. Nice!
- Grave’s Embrace: Don’t provoke AoOs when grappling (counts as Dex 13 and improved grapple for purpose of other feats) and allows you to suffocate those you pin. If you also have another feat, you may even suffocate undead, drawing the negative energy out of them.
- Lingering Spirit: 1/day when you die, apply the skeletal champion template sans the additional hit dice. Your existence as an undead is temporary and you don’t count as having been undead for purposes of returning to life. Interesting feat indeed.
- Reaper: When wielding a weapon with a crit-modifier of x3 or higher and not scoring a crit, you deal an additional die of damage and half the base-weapon’s damage. E.g. d12 -> d6, d8 -> d4 etc., 2d4 -> 1d2 etc. Interesting approach.
Editing and formatting are very good, though not perfect. Layout adheres to SGG’s 3-column landscape standard and the pdf has no bookmarks, but needs none at this length. The feats herein are interesting and use mechanics in uncommon ways, adding signature abilities and unique tricks to the Death Knight’s arsenal – though honestly, I would have liked the feats to modify/do interesting things with the class abilities of the death knight as well. The feats per se are solid and interesting, though the alignment-glitch is weird indeed – due to that one, I’ll downgrade this product to a final verdict of 4 stars.
With a Bullet Point: 8 Death Knight Feats is available from:
If you have enjoyed this review, please consider donating a small amount of money to help support this website.
Thank you for your support!
Incoming search terms:
- bullet point of knights