Feats of Wisdom
By Thilo Graf
All right, you know the deal – 3 pages of content, 1 page front cover, 1 page SRD, 1 page content for 10 feats of wisdom so let’s look how they fare!
- Collective Vision (Teamwork): When having a prophetic vision, you and your allies with this feat may enter a group trance, improving accuracy of the seen visions.
- Furious Judgment: Activate Bane and Judgment as the same swift action and change the creature type of those affected by the bane ability 1/round. I assume the change is a free action or no action, but unfortunately, the pdf fails to specify which.
- Hymnist: Gain a bonus equal to your highest prepared and available divine spell-level of performances. Additionally, you heal +1 point of HP-damage when speaking with a loud voice while healing allies.
- Insightful Will: When succeeding a will-save, you may determine the general direction of its origin via a DC 5 Wis-check, but not if the origin is more than 100 feet away. Nice feat!
- Keen Understanding: Treat all Knowledge skills as trained skills.
- Spiritual Awareness: You gain a special blindsense with 30 ft. range. When under the effects of see invisibility or true seeing, you instead gain blindsight. Both detect only outsiders and undead. The compulsory modification of both spells makes for an interesting design-decision that offsets the rather significant benefits of the feat. Interesting.
- Timeless Wisdom: Add wis-mod to all knowledge-checks and gain a bonus to all trained knowledge-checks equal to +1 per age category over adult.
- Vigilant Watchman: Distraction never increases your Perception-DC. I don’t like this feat, as it does not lessen the DC-adjustment, instead eliminating it. Do e.g. the feats of seduction à la Head-Turner, also by Abandoned Arts still work? This feat needs a revision/further clarification. As written, it creates a lot of open questions on what can be considered a distraction.
- Warded Spell (Metamagic): +1 level, allies included in the warded spell’s area of effect get a +8 to saving throws to mitigate friendly fire. Actually a rather cool one!
- Wise Warrior: As long as you have a divine spell of 1st level or higher ready, you can sacrifice such a spell or unused divine spellcasting slot to double the benefits of you Warrior Priest feat for one round as a free action. In surprise rounds, you can use the feat to get a full action.
Editing and formatting are very good, I didn’t notice any significant glitches. Layout adheres to Abandoned Arts’ two-column no-frills standard and the pdf has neither art nor bookmarks, but needs neither at this length. The feats herein are ok, but honestly, they all failed to grasp me as particularly exciting. Add to that the minor clarifications needed by two of the feats and we’re unfortunately in for a disappointment. While not yet bad enough to warrant a 2-star rating, I can’t go higher than 3 stars on this one.
Feats of Wisdom is available from: