10 Taskshaper Feats
This pdf from Rite Publishingis 6 pages long, 1 page front cover, 1 page editorial, 1 page SRD, 1 page advertisement, leaving 2 pages for the 10 new feats for the imaginative changeling-class, so what exactly do we get?
- Dreaded Shape lets you use your moment of change to grow into a more powerful, frightening version of your form, including attribute bonus and aura that shakes foes and might even frighten them. I’m not sure whether I like that the aura grants no save, though.
- Greater Change Shape grants you access to the undead anatomies (from UM) and geniekind.
- Imprint Racial Traits: Use moment of chance to change a racial trait for 24 hours – AWESOME idea! Especially if there are more books providing racial traits like RiP’s “101 Alternate Racial Traits” in the future, this feat could become the catalyst for stellar versatility.
- Improved Change Shape: Gain access to monstrous physiques and vermin shapes.
- Phoenix Rising: You can expend all moments of change when you die and be raised from the dead and be transformed into a phoenix. This feat is awesome and iconic in so many ways, I don’t even want to start. Iconic, cool, powerful. Two thumbs up!
- Task Adept: Imprinted feats last longer.
- Task Savant: Use moment of change to exchange Dex and Str for skill checks.
- Touch of Deformity: Use moment of change to gain a touch attack that deals non-lethal damage, hampers foes’ movements and deals minor attribute damage. Again: Iconic, cool, two thumbs up!
- Touch of Malformation: Use moment of change to either hamper attacks, movement or defense. While no save makes this seem powerful, the penalties are specific enough not to unhinge balance.
- Viper’s Riposte: Transforms the weapon an enemy hits you with into a snake under your command, but unfortunately lacks the information on how the DC of the save to avoid the transformation is calculated.
The pdf also features the Geniekind-spell, which lets you take on qualities of the different kinds of genies. Neat!
Editing and formatting are very good, with the exception of Viper’s Riposte, as mentioned above. Layout adheres to RiP’s two-column standard and the pdf has no bookmarks, but at this length, needs none. This pdf is straight-forward in that it delivers 10 feats (and a spell) for a price that is hard to beat indeed. Add to that the fact that the new feats ooze style and usability and make the taskshaper-class even more interesting and I’m left with not much to complain about. Phoenix Rising, Viper’s Riposte – these feats offer truly iconic options in battle and add to the overall options in battle, while adding a significant coolness-factor to a character and my final verdict would be 5 stars and the Endzeitgeist seal of approval, were it not for the glitches with e.g. Viper’s Riposte, which forces me to detract a star, as it lacks crucial information.
10 Taskshaper Feats is available from: